3.23.2010

Why is it...

    
... that only those with kids have the right to be truly exhausted? I don't have kids, but I know how it feels to be truly and utterly exhausted. I don't have to have kids to know what it feels like to have only 3-4 hours of sleep at night. I don't have to have kids to know what it feels like to run around all day and not have a moment of peace to yourself. The big difference, in my opinion, is that I don't complain about it EVERY SINGLE DAY!

... that only the unemployed have the right to complain about being broke? I'm not unemployed, but I sometimes think I would be better off if I were. I work part-time, bring home $125/week, have a car payment, rent, student loans, car insurance and living expenses to worry about. Yet, because I'm educated and working part-time, this makes me better off than someone who is unemployed. Someone explain that one to me. By no means am I independent. By no means can I afford to live. By no means do I want to live off of someone else's generosity. I'm broke. Dead broke. Probably more broke than the unemployed who collect unemployment or other government assistance. The big difference, in my opinion, is that I don't complain about it EVERY SINGLE DAY!

... that I have to be a high school drop-out with three kids at home in order to get a waitressing job? I've applied to about 15 waitressing jobs over the past 6 months and have been turned down for every single one of them. It seems that as soon as they see I have a Bachelors degree, I'm working on my Masters and I'm a certified teacher, they conclude that I'm either over-qualifed or I don't need the job as much as the other applicant, a single-mother living at home with her parents. If I didn't need the job, I wouldn't have applied for it. My life is hard too. I suffer too. The big difference, in my opinion, is that I don't complan about it EVERY SINGLE DAY!

... that people don't take responsibility for where they are in life? I take full responsibility for where I am in life. I know that my actions and decisions are the sole reason for my current life situation. I don't blame anyone else. I don't feel like anyone owes me anything or that I am entitled to anything. I know that I can accomplish things with hard work and dedication. So why do other people blame others for their shitty life? Why do others feel they are owed things in life without hard work? And, of course, why do they have to complain about it EVERY SINGLE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment