7.23.2011

The Nursery: Some DIY Decor Details

I truly believe "it's all in the details". The details can make or break a room design. Which is why I've been giving a lot of attention to the details of my baby's nursery. Here are just a few of the DIY "detail" projects I've completed. (If you missed my Sources of Inspiration post, check it out here)

Clothesline Alphabet
Supplies:
Alphabet Flash Cards (I purchased mine, designed by Lisa DeJohn, from Anthropologie- $14.95)
Clothesline (Mine came from a clever baby shower gift idea my youngest sister used- $0)
Clothes pins (Again, mine came from my baby shower- $0)
Hooks for hanging (I already had these- $0)
Total Cost: $14.95

Vintage Lamp with DIY Lamp Shade
Supplies:
Vintage Irmi lamp (Gifted to me by my wonderful twin sister- $0)
Small white lampshade (Mine came from Target- about $8.00)
Thick, patterned ribbon (Re-purposed from a diaper cake gifted to me at my baby shower 
by my youngest sister- $0)
Thin, solid color ribbon (I used yellow, 3/8" Offray Tracks from Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts- $2.49)
Glue gun and glue sticks (already owned- $0)
Total Cost: about $10.49

Wardrobe Drawer Tags
Supplies:
Thick, patterned and solid ribbon (Re-purposed from the same diaper cake as above- $0)
Pink pearl pins (already owned- $0)
Turquoise paper cut-out birds (Re-purposed from my baby shower decor- $0)
Sharpie marker (already owned- $0)
Total Cost: $0



Other nursery project posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment