2.21.2010

Sometimes, I just want to be left alone.

 
It's true. In fact, it's quite frequently true. Like tonight, for example, when my plans were canceled yet again! (this time with no obvious intention to reschedule) And to this, I say, I quit! I give up. I'm throwing in the towel. How many times does this have to keep happening before I realize it's just not meant to be?

{sigh}

The fabulous mood I started the day out in quickly began to sour. Especially after, in all my splendid genius, in an attempt to forget about the broken plans, I chose to work on... my thesis. What the hell was I thinking? That just put me in an even fouler mood which could only be remedied by Magic Hat and bad Netflix haunted house movies (yes, I'm trying that approach again).This time, low and behold, Netflix is working! [cue the glorious trumpeting angels]

Well, the Haunting of Winchester House was a bust, which I anticipated, based on the poor rating, but I had at least hoped it would be one of those good bad movies. Alas, it was not. I quit about 40 minutes into it.

At this point, all I want to do is curl up in bed with my beer and a tolerable movie and forget about my life for awhile. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to hear anyone. I certainly don't want to listen to anyone. I turn my phone off. I pop open another beer and I just hope, against all odds, that tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment